This service is a handmade engraving at the bottom of the blade. The engraving is made by a master artisan independent from the main workshop, which explains the cost.
- The engraving comes between the Habaki and the groove.
- It is possible to engrave on either side, Omote or Ura, or both sides at the same time.
- Omote: the side that faces the outside (visible to others) when the sword is in its Saya at your hip.
- Ura: the side that faces the inside (not visible to others) when the sword is in its Saya at your hip.
- The maximum of letters without modifying the groove is 2 letters per side.
- It is possible to engrave in English and Japanese only. Other languages would be considered as logo engraving (see below for this option)..
Please use the "instruction" field to type the details of your engraving. Specify which letters goes to which side. You can also attach an image. Engravings are done manually by an expert craftsman. It can take more than an hour for each caracter. Only text can be engraved with this service.
If you do not have a clear understanding of your engraving request, please contact us prior to placing your order.
For "logo/design" engraving, please contact us prior to placing your order. Undiscussed logo/design demands or demands for other languages than English or Japanese will be ignored.